Welcome to our store for stonewashed (pre-washed, laundered) linen.
Why stonewashed linen?
- Is very absorbent - the more you wash linen the better it absorbs
- Is softer on touch - no more rough linen feel
- Does not need ironing - light wrinkled effect is trendy!
- Is easy to care for - it can be washed in a washer machine and tumble dry
- Will not shrink - shrinkage already happened during stone-washing process
- Is an eco-friendly natural material
To learn what stonewashed linen is click here.
To receive a new customer 10% off coupon sign in here.
Free shipping on orders over $49.
Linen is a cellulose based fiber that comes from the stem of the flax plant and has been used approximately since 8,000 BC.
Linen has some outstanding properties:
- Durability, linen is a very durable and strong fabric, much more than cotton, and is highly resistant to abrasion.
- Absorbency, linen absorbs water faster than cotton and will feel dryer to the touch.
- Heat Conductivity, very high heat conductivity makes linen very suitable for use in the summer as the fibers allow the heat to escape.
- Comfort-ability, being a natural fiber linen has a great amount of air porosity holes which make linen clothes very comfortable to wear.
- Hypoallergenic, linen is unlikely to cause an allergic reaction.
- Antibacterial, linen has natural ability to prevent bacterial growth.
Linen was used by Ancient Egyptians to wrap Pharaoh mummies, linen clothes were considered "Pure".
In Ancient Greece linen clothes were popular thanks to their elegance and simplicity, linen's versatility and beautiful draping made it the perfect choice for the fashionable Greeks of the Classical Period.
25% linen and 75% cotton is what makes the US paper currency.